IELTS test in Singapore and Australia – May 2014 (Academic Module)
Posted: 17 Jun 2014 03:30 AM PDT
IELTS test takers from Singapore and Australia shared the following writing and speaking questions (it was all they remembered):
Writing testIELTS test in Singapore
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a table showing different kinds of sports Australians are interested in, in the years 2001, 2005 and 2009 and the overall increase and decrease.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays many young people have negative attitude towards learning after they left school. What is the cause and what are the steps that can be taken to bring positive attitude towards learning again?
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID?
- Where are you from?
- Do you work or study?
- Tell me about the place you are living in now.
- Do you like that place? Why?
- What are the main seasons in your country?
- Do you like season changes?
Cue Card 1
Talk about a person you know well who has an interesting job. Please say
- Who is that person?
- What kind of job does he/she do?
- Why do you think he/she has an interesting job?
- Is it better to work in a big or a small company? Why?
Cue Card 2
Describe a garden or a park which you have recently visited. Please say
- Where is the park/garden?
- When did you visit it?
- How did you feel about it?
- Do you think gardens and parks are necessary?
- Why is that?
- Does it make any difference in nature?